GEAR UP will be sending home newsletters to families every other month. We will highlight topics below for each month.
Middle school is a time of emotional, physical, social and academic changes. Your child is learning and developing skills that will make it easier to adjust to the challenges of high school and beyond.
Research shows that teens do better in school when their families are involved in their lives in and out of school. Here are some things you can do to help your child adjust to middle school:
- Discuss any concerns that your child may have before starting middle school.
- Talk to your child about the physical and social changes and social pressures that often occur.
- Encourage your child to take challenging classes. Ask your child’s teachers or guidance counselor if these classes will help your child be competitive in high school and beyond.
- Also, talk to your students to determine…
Has good study habits?
- Reads what is necessary to complete an assignment?
- Hands in assignments on time?
- Prepares ahead of time for assignments and tests instead of cramming at the last minute?
- Has the resources needed to complete assignments or knows where to find what is needed? If not, ask a teacher or counselor for help.
GEAR UP Financial Aid Survey
Hello 7th and 8th Grade Parents and Guardians!
We would like to thank those who have already completed our survey! We are using this survey to collect information that will help us develop information sessions for our students and families.
If you can, please take a moment to complete this survey to the best of your knowledge. We will be accepting responses until December 13th.
We appreciate your taking the time to complete this survey. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our GEAR UP team if you have any questions.
Hong-Yen Chau & Jessi Traughber