Main Menu

Explore More



What is the College Bound Scholarship?

  • Early commitment of state financial aid to eligible 7th and 8th grade students.
  • Combines with other state financial aid to cover the average cost of tuition (at comparable public college rates), some fees, and a small book allowance=commitment of funds.

Step 1: 

  • Apply in 7th or 8th grade, by June 30 of 8th grade year (foster youth are auto-enrolled). 
  • Meet income requirements; verified on the application. 

Step 2: 

  • Fulfill the College Bound Pledge. 
    • Graduate from a Washington State high school with a 2.0 GPA or better.
    • Have no felony convictions.
    • Be income eligible, as determined by the college with information from the FAFSA or WASFA.
    • Enroll in an eligible college within one year of high school graduation.
  • Meet income requirements; verified by the college using information from FAFSA or WASFA. 
  • Be accepted to and attend an eligible college within one year of graduating high school. 

College Bound Scholarship Family Income Eligibility Chart (2019-20)
To receive College Bound Scholarship funds, the student’s family income must be at or below the amount listed in the chart below.         

Chart of Eligibility by Income and Household Size
Household Size Annual Income Guidelines* Monthly Income Weekly Income
2 $31,284 $2,607 $602
3 $39,461 $3,289 $759
4 $47,638 $3,870 $917
5 $55,815 $4,536 $1,074
6 $63,992 $5,333 $1,231
7 $72,169 $6,015 $1,388
8 $80,346 $6,696 $1,546


What does it cover?
Average Cost of Tuition (public rates)
Some College Fees
Small Book Allowance

Does not cover:
Meal Plan
Health care / Insurance
Non-mandatory fees

Need to know: 
Must enroll in college within 1 year of high school graduation.
Must be used within five year of HS graduation (Class of 2015’s CB scholarship expires in 2020).
College Bound is a four-year scholarship (12 quarters/8 semesters).
Be “in good standing” with your college to maintain scholarship (GPA, honor code, etc.).
File the FAFSA or WASFA every year - Income eligibility is checked each year of college.

Keep your information up to date
Let us know if your contact information has changed by contacting us at