Inclement Weather (Snow) Day
At times, school operating hours or school bus transportation services may be adjusted or canceled due to bad weather. If inclement weather—like snow or ice—makes a school schedule change necessary, the decision will be made by the Superintendent and communicated to families and staff by 5 a.m.:
- Call/email/text to all families
- Families can updated contact information (phone/email) through Skyward Family Access)
- Renton School District website and all school websites
- The district's Facebook page
- The district’s Twitter page
- The district's Instagram page
- Local media outlets (TV, radio)
Families and staff should ensure the school and district has their most current contact information, email and phone number in order to receive the call/email/text. Also, please remember that schools have limited phone lines and staff to answer phone calls: Please reserve calls to your student's school for those that are most urgent.
We will not automatically return to in-home learning
Renton School District will not automatically return to in-home learning if we must close a school or the district due to inclement weather. If weather and wind cause a school closure, its likely many homes are also without power and internet accessibility. We will make determinations on school closures and in-home learning based on specific weather and power availability.